David T. Xue, Ph.D., practices in the area of intellectual property law. Dr. Xue has extensive experience representing clients in a wide array of patent-related matters, including strategic counseling, portfolio management and monetization, freedom to operate analysis, patent prosecution, patent litigation, and inter partes review (IPR) proceedings. He counsels technology companies on computer software and hardware, semiconductor devices, networking devices, electronic devices, medical devices, wireless communication networks, network security and storage, artificial intelligence, deep learning, machine learning, web-based applications, electronic transactions and fraud prevention, social networking, online search, multimedia content and digital documentation, clean energy and business methods.
Prior to entering private practice, Dr. Xue worked in management roles at two major Chinese technology companies: Hangzhou-based online business-to-business e-commerce company Alibaba Inc., where he was the director of product development; and Beijing-based fabless semiconductor firm Vimicro International, where he served as vice president. He has written and spoken on intellectual property and electrical engineering topics for many years.
While completing his legal studies in 2007, he was recognized by the Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction with the Excellence for the Future Award for achievement in the study of Venture Capital Law. In 2006, he received the Outstanding Chinese Patent Award by the State Intellectual Property Office of China.
HONORS & AWARDS
- CALI Award for excellent achievement in the study of Venture Capital Law, 2007
- Outstanding Chinese Patent Award by State Intellectual Property Office of China, 2006
- Featured Speaker on "Recent Developments in U.S. Litigation," IP Seminar for in-house counsels of Chinese high-tech companies, Beijing, October 2015
- Featured Speaker on "Recent U.S. Patent Trends, America Invents Act (AIA) and Its Potential Impacts on Chinese Companies," Conference on Overseas Intellectual Property Protection for Chinese Enterprises, hosted by China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Beijing, January 2013
- Invited Speaker in “Latest Trend in U.S. Patent Law and Strategies For Early Litigation Resolution,” 8th China IP International Annual Forum, Beijing, January 2018.
- Co-author, "Augmented Reality Serves Up Unique IP Challenges," IP Watch Section of San Francisco Daily Journal, October 19, 2016
- Co-author, "The ITC as an indicator of China's Potential for Innovation," Intellectual Property Today, January 2012
- Co-author, "Practical Implications for Business Method Patenting Following Ex parte Lundgren," New Matter of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of California, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 21-30, October 2006
- Co-author, "Post Global Routing Crosstalk Synthesis," IEEE Trans. on Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 1418-1430, December 1997
- Co-author, "TIGER: An Efficient Timing-Driven Global Router for Gate Array and Standard Cell Layout Design," IEEE Trans. on Computer-Aided Design, Vol.16, No.11, pp. 1323-1331, November 1997
- Author, "Post Routing Interconnect Performance Optimization," Ph.D. Dissertation, Also UCB/ERL Memo M97/60, August 1997
- Co-author, "Post Global Routing Crosstalk Risk Estimation and Reduction," Proc. IEEE/ACM Int'l Conf. on Computer-Aided Design, pp. 302-309, November 1996
- Co-author, "A Post Global Routing Optimization Approach to Crosstalk Estimation and Reduction," Proc. TECHCON 96, September 1996
- Co-author, "Post Routing Performance Optimization via Multi-Link Insertion and Non-Uniform Wiresizing," Proc. IEEE/ACM Int'l Conf. on
- Computer-Aided Design, pp. 575-580, November 1995
- Co-author, "Post Routing Performance Optimization via Tapered Link Insertion and Wiresizing," Proc. European Design Automation Conf., pp. 74-79, September 1995
- Co-author, "New Approaches for On-Chip Power Switching Noise Reduction," Proc. Custom Integrated Circuits Conf., pp. 133-136, May 1995. Also UCB/ERL Memo, M94/94
- Co-author, "A New Performance-Driven Global Routing Algorithm for Gate Array," Proc. Int'l Conf. on Very Large Scale Integration, pp. 8.3.1 - 8.3.10, September 1993
- Co-author, "Performance-Driven Steiner Tree Algorithms for Global Routing," Proc. 30th Design Automation Conf., pp. 177-181, June 1993
News, Events, & Insights
Intel, Others Get Computer Network Patents Axed At PTAB
News December 05, 2018
Rimon’s New IP Team Featured in American Lawyer, Law360, The Recorder, and Global Banking and Finance
News September 27, 2018
Rimon Law Welcomes Eight-Person Intellectual Property Group from Duane Morris’ Silicon Valley Office
News September 17, 2018