Webinar: Opportunity Zones & Equity Investing in Startups and Existing Businesses
Events Debbie A. Klis December 15, 2020
Opportunity Zones & Equity Investing in Startups and Existing Businesses
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM EST, December 15, 2020
About the Event:
Come take a look at the Opportunity Zone program as a method of investing in businesses.
The Opportunity Zone program provides a tremendous opportunity to help under-served communities and offers a path for taxable investors to capture tax-advantaged returns.
Our goal is to prepare our entrepreneurship and equity investment communities with an understanding of how to leverage and benefit from the Opportunity Zone program and give examples for how it could work with the business investment model.
- The Opportunity Zone Program in Connecticut
- What are Qualified Opportunity Zone Businesses?
- How Can Opportunity Zones be Utilized by Businesses & VCs?
- Models for Investment and Partnership
Who should attend:
- Equity Investors and their advisors
- Entrepreneurs and their advisors
- Economic Development Professionals
Agenda & Speakers:
Speakers include Brian Phillips, investor at The Pearl Fund Limited Partnership, Debbie Klis, partner at Rimon Law, and Alexandra Daum, Chief Investment Officer & Dep. Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development.
— An Overview of the Opportunity Zone Program in Connecticut
Alexandra Daum, Deputy Commissioner, and Chief Investment Officer, DECD, State of Connecticut
- Alexandra will outline key program structural elements and describe Connecticut’s standout incentives for the CT program.
— Legal and Tax Considerations
Debbie Klis, Partner, Rimon Law
- Debbie will provide her perspective on options for fund structuring and key factors to consider for both investors and the businesses in which they invest.
— The Fund Perspective
Brian Philips, Managing Partner, The Pearl Fund
- Brian will describe the Pearl Fund’s activity in the OZ space and its decision to seek equity investments in businesses located in Opportunity Zones. Case study, Micronic
— Discussion & Final Thoughts
Bring your questions!
The Department of Economic & Community Development, Opportunity Zones Program
State of Connecticut
Pursuant to applicable rules of Professional Conduct, this email and linked materials may constitute advertising. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free information about our qualifications and experiences.