Xiaowei Ye has over 25 years of experience in Asia representing major multinationals, financial institutions, international and Chinese companies as well as private equity funds in China-U.S. cross border mergers and acquisitions and investments. She also advises multinationals on regulatory matters, including obtaining approvals and licenses in regulated industries, general regulatory compliance, and crisis management related to regulatory investigations, product recalls, and other issues.
Ms. Ye has built a tremendous career in China. Her Chinese clients include, amongst others, China Investment Corporation, China International Capital Corporation Limited, China Life Investment Holding Company Limited, China Development Bank, and Everbright Haiyin Fund. Her multinational clients include, but are not limited to, Qualcomm, InterDigital, State Street Global Advisors, MacKay Shields, Natixis, Mead Johnson, Mattel, and IBM. She was a member of the American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China from 2004 to 2018.
Prior to joining Rimon, Ms. Ye served as Managing Partner of the Beijing office of Morgan Lewis & Bockius from 2014 to 2019, and prior to this, acted as Co-Managing Partner of the Beijing office of Bingham McCutchen from 2011 through its merger with Morgan Lewis.
- Representation of China International Capital Corporation Limited in connection with the establishment of the first joint-venture investment bank between China Construction Bank and Morgan Stanley.
- Representation of Guangdong Enterprises Limited in connection with its restructuring and reorganization into Guangdong Holdings Limited with an asset injection from the Guangdong Provincial government.
- Representation of China Life Investment Holding Company Limited in an indirect investment in a portfolio of hotels in U.S.
- Representation of China Development Bank in offshore investment projects.
- Representation of a Chinese state-owned enterprise in its outbound acquisition of a United Arab Emirates-headquartered air flight supporting company.
- Representation of a Chinese state-owned enterprise in its acquisition of a machinery manufacturer in the Netherlands.
- Representation of IBM as counsel leading a team to provide the company with comprehensive legal services related to Chinese government and regulatory matters.
- Representation of Mattel in connection with product recall and related investigations by local product safety regulators and customs for export in China during its global recall.
- Representation of major investment funds, including State Street Global Advisors, MacKay Shields, Natixis, WisdomTree Investments, and others in connection with Chinese regulatory issues.
- Representation of EDS in connection with a joint-venture with a local partner.
- Representation of Nasdaq in the establishment of its representative office in China.
- Representation of Promontory Capital Group in communications and discussions with the Central Bank of China for the establishment of an RBM settlement center in the United States.
- Representation of Mead Johnson in connection with Chinese regulatory matters including a price fixing investigation, manufacturing compliance and permitting, and legislative commenting with regard to new legislations to be issued.
Ms. Ye currently serves as an independent board member of Wynn Macau, Limited. She is also a co-founder of The Dandelion Project, a charitable organization that raises funds for both The Dandelion School, which teaches children of migrant worker families, and the Tibet Autonomous Region Maternal & Child Health-Care Association, which provides training to doctors from remote villages on prenatal examinations and childbirth to reduce mother and infant mortality. The Dandelion Project is one of the earliest local charity organizations in Beijing to have professional female members from both the ex-pat and Chinese communities. Ms. Ye currently serves as the honorary chairperson of The Dandelion School Board and as a trustee of CICC Charity Foundation Board.