Timothy M. Gladden
Tim Gladden is an emerging company, corporate, and securities attorney with a broad base of general corporate and licensing experience.
Mr. Gladden’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity investments, securities transactions, and other complex and general corporate matters. He has substantial experience structuring, negotiating, and managing M&A transactions (buy-side and sell-side) ranging from under $1 million to $630 million across multiple industries, including technology, financial services, healthcare, advertising, media, fashion, and energy. Mr. Gladden has also represented both borrowers and lenders in secured and unsecured financing transactions, including asset-based loan transactions, receivables facilities, and factoring transactions, and has represented underwriters in public finance offerings. He has strong working knowledge in preparing and reviewing disclosure and other periodic filings required under the 1934 Act. He has significant experience in drafting and negotiating license and commercial agreements including software, technology, trademark, design, patent licensing. Mr. Gladden has negotiated technology licenses for clients with many of the largest U.S. and international financial institutions and insurance companies. He has represented clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to small family-owned businesses.
Mr. Gladden has focused a good deal of his career counseling early stage tech companies, portfolio companies, and entrepreneurs on corporate formation, corporate governance, financing, joint venture, and general corporate matters and has represented those issuers along with institutional and angel investors in venture capital deals. His emerging company clients are financial services, e-commerce, Cleantech, EdTech, mobile, social media, SaaS, fashion, and food and beverage companies. He has served as a mentor to and worked with companies participating in accelerators and incubators such as DreamIt Ventures, IncubateNYC, Socratic Labs, and digitalundivided. Mr. Gladden also has served as outside general counsel to several venture-backed companies and has significant interest and knowledge in advising women- and minority-owned and led businesses.
Prior to joining Rimon, Mr. Gladden had his own practice representing early stage and venture-backed companies. He co-led the restructuring and expansion of the emerging companies practice at Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP. Mr. Gladden was previously associated with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP and Thelen LLP where he worked in the general corporate practice with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, and securities. He began practicing as assistant general counsel to a company that provided a platform for active traders where he managed the legal side of the company's $280 million merger with a public financial services company.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented seller in the auction and sale of its domestic independent power production business unit to a private equity buyer.
- Represented a medical device company in its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented a direct-access brokerage company, in the sale of three operating subsidiaries to a publicly traded financial company.
- Represented a corporate advisory and restructuring firm in its sale to a publicly traded global risk consulting company.
- Represented a high-resolution micro-imaging systems provider in connection with its sale to an ultrasound provider.
- Represented a venture-backed medical reference laboratory company in its purchase of seven clinical laboratories and a pathology practice as part of an 18-month roll-up of regional clinical laboratories.
- Represented a creative agency in its sale to a publicly traded marketing and consulting company.
- Represented two specialty insurance brokerages in their sales to private equity-backed insurance brokerages.
- Represented a publicly traded diversified resources company in its acquisition of three construction materials businesses.
- Represented a private equity firm in its purchase of a metal fabricating company.
- Represented a U.A.E. deep sea engineering firm in its sale to a global engineering and construction company.
- Represented a leading bond ECN in its purchase of a fixed income software analytics company.
- Represented a publicly traded UK apparel company in its purchase of a U.S. apparel company.
- Represented a publicly traded UK provider of software solutions in its purchase of a network test and measurement product line.
Venture Financings/Private Placements/PIPE
- Represented a leading global advertising workflow and distribution company in its convertible note financing of a mobile advertising company.
- Represented a medical reference laboratory company in multiple preferred equity offerings.
- Represented a virtual application infrastructure software company, in two preferred equity financings.
- Represented an early stage biotechnology company in a preferred equity offering.
- Represented a venture fund in a series of mezzanine and bridge financings of a publicly traded medical instruments company.
- Represented the venture capital arm of a leading Latin American publishing company in its investment in a leading publishing company targeting the high income sector of the Latin American and the U.S. Hispanic markets.
- Represented a private equity firm and its syndicate in the purchase of preferred stock of a publicly traded technology company.
- Represented an EdTech startup in its preferred equity offering.
- Represented a social media platform for college sports recruiting in its preferred equity offering.
- Represented a publicly traded technology company in two senior secured note offerings.
- Represented an EdTech company in its seed convertible note financing.
- Represented a medical reference laboratory company in its acquisition financing for the purchase of several clinical laboratories as part of a roll-up of regional clinical laboratories.
- Represented a cable company in its bank financing.
- Represented a management services company in its bank financing.
- Speaker, NY City Bar Association CLE "Representing Venture-Backed Companies." May 18, 2017