Theodore (Ted) Ghorra
Practice Groups and Client Sectors:Corporate, Transactional Law
Areas of Focus:Limited Liability Companies, Emerging Companies, Life Sciences, Corporate Governance, Securities, Medical Devices, Securities Compliance and Offerings, Startups & Startup Financing, Mergers and Acquisitions
Ted has closed hundreds of corporate and capital markets and other transactions, with at least half of which encompassing public offering work as underwriter’s/placement agent’s counsel ranging from boutique investment banks through the bulge brackets. He regularly works with FINRA to facilitate clearance of transactions under its Corporate Financing Rules. Ted has represented publicly traded and privately held companies, both as transaction counsel and outside general counsel. Many of the issuers involved in these transactions are in the life sciences, energy/alternative energy, consumer products and technology sectors, but not to the exclusion of other industry sectors. His issuer side experience includes representing companies in public and private offerings, SEC filings (‘33 Act and ‘34 Act), and to provide general corporate and securities compliance advice and corporate governance. His clients trust him to staff and oversee a broad variety of matters including their intellectual property matters, licensing transactions, oversight of litigation and white-collar matters, realty matters, trust and estate, and other matters. His clients know that he will stay involved while always maintaining an efficient, responsive and cost-conscious approach to any matter entrusted to him. Finally, Ted has been active in pro bono matters and has represented clients in the areas of Healthcare, Catholic School Education, the Holocaust Project and the arts.
Represented Lupagen Inc., a medical device company, in connection with a Services and Licensing Agreement with a major pharma company, 2019
Represented Serendipity Brands Inc., an ice cream manufacturing and distribution business, in connection with its private placement of securities, 2019
- Represented Wells Fargo Securities as lead underwriter in an underwritten offering of common stock by Avid Bioservices, Inc.
- Represented Spherix Incorporated, a Nasdaq-listed company in connection with its December 2015 issuance of common stock, preferred stock and warrants in a Form S-1 offering.
- Represented Spherix Incorporated in its November 2015 licensing transaction with RPX Corporation (also a public company), whereby our client granted a license to RPX in exchange for the redemption of certain outstanding preferred stock, a release of liens on its assets and cash to our client, among other items included in the transaction.
- Needham & Company, LLC, as underwriter’s counsel, for Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd.’s (Israel domestic) $18.4 million CMPO offering of ordinary shares
- Cowen and Company, LLC as the exclusive Placement Agent for The Wet Seal, Inc.’s a $27 million follow-on Reg D Private Placement of public company securities
- Spherix Incorporated, as issuer’s counsel, for aggregate financings of approximately $22MM million via registered securities offerings of common stock and common stock warrants in mid-2014 and 2015, respectively.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as underwriter’s counsel, in ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s $323 million public offering of common stock for newly FDA approved oncology therapy
- Janney Montgomery Scott, as underwriter’s counsel, for d’ELia’s Inc.’s $15.8 million public offering of common stock, and a concurrent private placement of $21.8 million in principal amount of 7.25% convertible notes
- Lazard Capital Markets LLC, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., JMP Securities LLC and Maxim Group LLC, as underwriter’s counsel, for Organovo Holdings, Inc.’s $47 million public offering of common stock with over-allotment
- PhotoMedex, Inc., as issuer’s counsel, for its $40 million concurrent registered offerings of common stock
- Needham & Company, LLC and D.A. Davidson & Co. as underwriter’s counsel, for Radisys Corporation’s $23 million follow-on public offering of Common Stock
- Lazard Capital Markets LLC, Cowen and Company LLC, JMP Securities LLC, Wedbush PacGrow Life Sciences and Canaccord Genuity, as underwriter’s counsel, for Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc.’s $125 million public offering of common stock
- Lazard Capital Markets LLC, as underwriter’s counsel, for Globalstar Inc.'s $38 million private placement of Convertible Senior Unsecured Notes and Warrants to Purchase Common Stock
- Barclays Capital, Inc., as underwriters' counsel, Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc.'s $72 million public offering of common stock
- Lazard Capital Markets LLC, as placement agent’s counsel, for Evergreen Energy Inc.’s at-the-market program to sell up to $10 million in common stock
- Kinderhook Partners L.P., as investor counsel, for Patient Safety Technologies, Inc.’s $7.1 million offering of common stock
- Lazard Capital Markets LLC, as underwriter’s counsel, for Harvest Natural Resources Inc.’s $32 million registered direct offering of senior convertible notes
- 2015 New York Super Lawyer