Ryan Jackson focuses his practice on commercial finance, debt and equity restructurings and general commercial law. Mr. Jackson advises private funds, investment and commercial banks and other financial institutions in connection with a broad range of debt and equity investments in private companies, including senior secured, first and second lien, unsecured, subordinated, and acquisition financing transactions as well as joint venture and preferred equity transactions. Mr. Jackson also frequently represents lenders in connection with complex intercreditor negotiations, exercising remedies, and workouts.
Mr. Jackson has deep knowledge and experience advising lenders and franchisee operating companies involved in a wide range of franchise finance transactions.
- Representation of a private fund in connection with origination of $56 million first lien and second lien loans and concurrent sale of majority participation interest in first lien loan to major commercial bank.
- Representation of a private fund in connection with seller-financed sale of 100 unit franchised restaurant business.
- Representation of private funds and small business investment fund in connection with numerous senior secured, mezzanine and subordinated facilities to finance the acquisition and operation of multi-unit franchised businesses.
- Representation of a world-renowned resort and spa owner in connection with debt restructuring and entry into a $36.5 million term loan facility.
- Representation of the operator of franchised restaurants, as borrower, in connection with $42 million senior secured loan and $27 million subordinated loan, the proceeds of which were used to finance an ESOP transaction.
- Representation of an administrative agent in connection with restructuring of an automotive parts supplier.
- Representation of the lead investor in acquiring secured debt and financial restructuring of air cargo company.
- Representation of a hedge fund in connection with acquiring and restructuring owner participant interests and loan participant interests relating to commercial aircraft on lease to major carriers.
Private Equity Representations
- Representation of private equity funds in connection with $47 million preferred and common equity investment in operator of approximately 300 franchised restaurants.
- Representation of private equity funds in connection with $45 million acquisition of 93 franchised restaurants.
- Representation of private equity fund and small business investment company in connection with $9 million preferred equity investment in purchaser of franchised casual dining restaurants.
News, Events, & Insights
- Rimôn PC welcomes Corporate and Financial Services Partner Ryan Jackson in New York
News March 2, 2021