Mr. Castillo Cottin opened our legal practice in Colombia, Rimon's first Latin American office, to focus on Trusts & Estates and Tax law. He advises multijurisdictional enterprises, financial institutions, and high-net-worth individuals and families on wealth management matters, international tax law, planning, and compliance, inheritance and estate planning, exchange of information, and amnesty programs.
Mr. Castillo Cottin advises more than 165 high-net-worth clients on the full range of tax and wealth management-related matters. He is a Chambers-ranked attorney, a leader in international tax law and planning, and nationally recognized for his advice on multijurisdictional reorganizations. His Chambers & Partners profile quotes a source praising Mr. Castillo Cottin’s work: “Rodrigo’s main strength is that, as well as his deep understanding of the legal framework, he takes the time to analyze in detail each of the concerns or doubts that the client has. He has the patience to discuss, explain and review all the doubts — this make[s] us, as clients, feel completely sure of the quality of any advice.”
Mr. Castillo Cottin regularly contributes to industry publications and takes part in seminars and trainings on tax and wealth management-related topics.
Awards & Recognition
- Chambers & Partners Private Wealth Band 2
- Most Highly Regarded Capital Markets Lawyer, Who's Who Legal (Law Business Research ltd), 2020
- Trusts and Estates, Best Lawyers (BL Rankings LLC), 2020
- Author, "Exchange of information: Where are we heading to?," Baker & McKenzie Private Banking Newsletter, Wealth Management, September 2015
- Author, "Update on Colombian Tax Rules Affecting Wealth Management," Baker & McKenzie Private Banking Newsletter, Wealth Management, March 2015
News, Events, & Insights
Rimon Partner Rodrigo Castillo Cottin only Trusts & Estates attorney recognized by Best Lawyers® in Bogota
News November 17, 2020
Rimon’s expansion to Latin America extensively covered in the press
News October 13, 2020
Rimon welcomes Rodrigo Castillo Cottin as a Private Client and Tax Partner in its new Bogota, Colombia office
News October 01, 2020