Robert Thibeaux practices commercial finance, with a focus on marine finance and leasing, equipment financing and leasing, asset-based financing, factoring, and real estate finance. Mr. Thibeaux is regarded as a global legal expert in Louisiana equipment lease regulations. He is a member of the Louisiana State Law Institute, and serves as Reporter for the Lease of Movables Committee of the Law Institute, which is currently in the process of revising Louisiana law on equipment leases. Mr. Thibeaux is also a prior Chief Examiner of Code III of the Louisiana Bar Exam, which covers the laws of general obligations, sales, lease, mandate, pledge, suretyship, and mortgage. He is a Director and former Chairman of the Bank Counsel Section of the Louisiana Banker’s Association. Mr. Thibeaux is also the Chairman of the Real Estate and Transactions section of the New Orleans Bar Association.
Mr. Thibeaux serves on numerous other committees of the Law Institute, including the Securities Devices Committee, the UCC Committee, the Prescription Law Committee, the Mandate (Power of Attorney) Committee, the Code Definitions Committee, and the Aleatory Contracts Committee. He is the Louisiana editor of the commercial law series of the Thomson-Reuters Practical Lawyers reports, and is the Louisiana law editor of the International Factoring Association National Factoring Law Legal Report.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Mr. Thibeaux has been widely recognized for his legal achievements. His notable awards include:
- Best Lawyers in America® – Banking and Finance Law, Equipment Finance Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers – Real Estate Law; Equipment Finance Law; Banking and Finance Law; Financial Services Regulation Law; Litigation – Real Estate
- New Orleans Best Lawyers of the Year 2021 – Financial Services Regulation Law
- Super Lawyers – Banking, Real Estate
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Marine Finance