Rick Flowers’ practice focuses on the real estate industry, where he represents clients in both transactional work and litigations. Mr. Flowers documents, negotiates, and closes complex commercial real estate transactions, real estate loans, residential and commercial leases, easements, licenses, real estate workouts, and asset-based loans. He is experienced in drafting contracts for the acquisition, disposition and development of real estate for national and local developers, and for developers acquiring and disposing of large, anchor-based shopping centers. In addition, Mr. Flowers documents asset-based loans secured by ship mortgages and vessels with the United States Coast Guard, and negotiates and documents CMBS loans utilized to finance the acquisition of large, anchor-based shopping centers.
Litigation experience dovetails closely with his transactional work, with an emphasis on real property litigation, mortgage foreclosures, and real property loan workouts. He represents manufactured home communities in complex change-of-use litigation, landlord/tenant disputes and regulatory matters governed under Chapter 723, Florida Statutes. Mr. Flowers also litigates software license disputes, franchise disputes, loan disputes, title insurance disputes and claims, and creditors’ rights matters.
Represented clients in the following acquisitions or dispositions, which included negotiating CMBS loan documents for financing in connection with all acquisitions:
- Ranch Lake Plaza in Bradenton, Florida ($11.6MM);
- The Market on Cherry Road Shopping Center in Rock Hills, SC ($13MM);
- The Kissimmee West Shopping Center in Kissimmee, Florida ($19.4MM);
- The Trinity Village Shopping Center in Pasco County, Florida ($18.3MM);
- Northwoods Center in Pasco County, Florida ($24MM);
- Tower Place Shopping Center in Charlotte, NC ($21MM);
- University Place Shopping Center in Huntsville, AL ($27MM);
- Colonnades Shopping Center in Glen Allen, VA (23.9MM); and
- Terrace Oaks Shopping Center in Tampa, FL ($8.5MM).
- FALSS Real Estate Litigation Manual for Legal Support Specialists, February 2016, Peppertree Press, LLC
Adams and Reese HUGS Volunteer of the Year – 2019
Boss of the Year”, St. Petersburg Association of Legal Support Specialists
2007 Halo Crew, Inc.’s “Wings” Award for Charitable Contribution
Leadership St. Pete, Class of 2012
Memberships & Affiliations
St. Petersburg Police Athletic League, Board of Director (2016-19)
Member, Clutch Hitters of Tampa Bay
American Bar Association Florida Bar Association
Florida Real Property and Probate Section of the Florida Bar International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
Russell Foundation, Board of Director
St. Petersburg Bar Association
Leadership St. Petersburg, Class of 2011-2012
Keswick Christian School, Volunteer
Tampa Bay SPCA, Board of Director
Rick contributes a significant amount of his time to charitable causes and volunteer work. In addition to his volunteer work in his community, Rick enjoys scuba diving, spearfishing, flag football, softball, and Florida Gators’ football and basketball.
News, Events, & Insights
Rimon welcomes Real Estate attorney Richmond Flowers a Partner in its new St. Petersburg office
News September 16, 2020