Phil Quatrini represents clients in a full range of corporate transactional and general commercial matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and private equity transactions, including venture capital. Phil represents public and private buyers and sellers in M&A transactions across a wide range of industries, including the banking and financial services, communications, healthcare, hospitality, government contracts, and software industries. His private equity practice includes representing startup and emerging growth companies in angel and seed financing, institutional venture capital financing, bridge financing, and debt financing. Phil also acts as outside general counsel to clients, assisting management with a variety of legal matters, including employment agreements and equity compensation, software and other technology licensing, entity formation and governance. Phil has significant experience forming and structuring privately held corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and nonprofit entities--including limited liability companies with multiple preferred equity structures.
For more than 15 years, Phil practiced with the Washington, D.C. office of Bryan Cave LLP, where he was a member of the transactions, entrepreneurial and technology, and corporate finance groups.
- "Represented Seekda in its acquisition of Regatta Travel Solutions, a leading provider of booking engines to the hotel and destination marketing industries."
- “Represented the founders of a wholesale seller of hearing aids and listening devices in the sale of the business to a subsidiary of a global hearing healthcare company.”
- Represented Tech 2000, Inc. in connection with a $3 million subordinated secured debt and preferred stock offering to affiliates of Boston-based U.S. Boston Capital Corp
- Represented Douglas Troxel (founder of Serena Software) in the acquisition of Serena by Mr. Troxel and HGGC from Silverlake Partners
- Represented Tangible Security, in its stock acquisition of A&N Associates, a leader in information assurance and acquisition management services for defense, intelligence, and federal agencies
- Represented a cable television company in connection with its formation, private equity funding, acquisition of various cable television systems and ultimate sale to a large communications corporation
- Represented a company that owned, operated and managed tower sites serving the wireless telecom and broadcasting industries in connection with its reorganization and $25 million private placement of equity securities
- Represented a wireless telecommunications company in financing growth throughout its life cycle, including a $50 million private placement of equity securities and its eventual sale for $280 million
- Represented a telecommunications company in connection with a $300 million investment in the preferred stock of a company listed on Nasdaq and in its issuance of more than $3 billion of fixed and floating-rate notes via Rule 144A
- Represented a publicly traded hearing-care company in the sale of its Canadian operations to a privately held, venture-backed Canadian entity that was formed to complete the acquisition
- Represented a company that provides engineering, construction and management services to the global aviation industry in the purchase of strategically important assets
- Represented a private mobile telecommunications consulting firm with nearly $8 million in financing, including its initial seed and angel rounds, and its private placement of convertible bridge notes
- Represented the parent company of a major investment brokerage network with the purchase, and later the sale (following a change in regulations) of a savings and loan association
- Represented a major hospitality company in its acquisition of a privately held partnership owning a number of senior living centers
- Represented a leading global provider of product lifecycle management software and services in connection with a $200 million acquisition of a publicly held competitor via a cash tender offer and follow-on merger
Community Service & Affiliations
- The Executive Forum
- The HUB (formerly the TelecomHUB)
- National Center for Employee Ownership
- American Bar Association (Committees on Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity and Venture Capital)
- Virginia Bar Association
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Linking Lawyers and Clients Worldwide
- SmartCEO's Centers of Influence Awards Honoree: Honoring a CEO's Top Advisors
Awards and Recognition
- Selected as a member of Virginia's Legal Elite for 2018.
- 2017 Legal Elite Winner. By Virginia’s Legal Elite for 2017.
- Best Lawyers (2015 - 2019).
*In Virginia, Rimon, P.C. provides legal services through Rimon, P.C., an Illinois professional corporation
News, Events, & Insights
Rimon Partner Phillip Quatrini named to Virginia Business 2019 Legal Elite
News December 16, 2019
Rimon Partners in six states listed in Best Lawyers® again
News August 15, 2019
Rimon Partners in Six States and in Israel listed in Best Lawyers® Again
News August 15, 2018
Client Alert: “The Federal Communications Commission opens radio and television broadcasting to foreign entities”
Insights February 01, 2017
Rimon Represents Seekda in acquisition of Regatta Travel Solutions
News September 20, 2016
SmartCEO awards Phillip Quatrini as one of the honorees of the 2016 Centers of Influence Awards
News August 22, 2016