Nicole Kalajian is a Chicago-based attorney who focuses her practice on investment management. Ms. Kalajian represents securities and commodities professionals in a variety of regulatory, compliance and corporate matters. She has extensive experience advising private fund clients, including hedge funds, commodity pools, private equity funds, cryptocurrency funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, fund of funds and socially responsible investment vehicles.
Ms. Kalajian provides legal, regulatory, and compliance guidance to registered and exempt investment advisers, commodity pool operators (CPOs), commodity trading advisors (CTAs), proprietary trading firms, robo-advisers, and family offices. She drafts offering documents, compliance manuals, business contracts, investment agreements, and advertising materials. Ms. Kalajian also provides legal and structuring guidance concerning master-feeder structures, domestic and foreign funds, international offerings, separately managed accounts, and robo-adviser platforms.
Ms. Kalajian also represents institutional investors in analyzing investment opportunities into various types of private fund and other investment vehicles, as well as in negotiating side letters. She further assists investment management clients with industry comment letters and requests for no action relief, as well as with regulatory examinations and investigations.
- Representation of international investment adviser with registration of its billion-dollar private equity fund real estate/hospitality investment complex with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), restructuring of management, preparation of compliance materials and preparation of relevant fund offering materials.
- Representation of various international and U.S. investment advisers with SEC and U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) registration and preparation of compliance materials to comply with U.S. laws and regulations.
- Representation of various private equity, hedge fund, venture capital, commodity pool, real estate and alternative asset vehicle launches, registrations, regulatory, compliance, and new product initiatives.
- Representation of clients on cryptocurrency regulations and initiatives, including representation of a cryptocurrency association and various cryptocurrency funds.
- Representation of multi-billion dollar family office in various ongoing regulatory and investment considerations, as well as other family office clients.
- Representation of a major organization in connection with a response to an SEC request for industry comment.
- Evaluating CPO and CTA status of various financial services clients, including the identification of available exemptions, and assist with CFTC and National Futures Association (NFA) registration and compliance.
- Assisting investment management clients with registration and compliance of robo-adivsers platforms.
- Representation of investment firms in relation to due diligence issues connected with acquisitions and sales.
- Representation of institutional investors in analyzing investment opportunities into various types of private fund and other investment vehicles, as well as in negotiating side letters.
- Assisting investment management clients with industry comment letters and requests for no action relief.
- Assisting investment management clients with SEC, CFTC and NFA examinations and investigations.
News, Events, & Insights
- Global law firm Rimon PC welcomes Investment Management Partner, Nicole Kalajian in Chicago
News September 13, 2021