Niccolo Barber is an associate in the San Francisco and Portland offices of Rimon, where his practice focuses on corporate transactions, investment fund formation and management, and securities regulation and compliance. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Barber led securities and regulatory compliance at CrowdStreet, Inc. an online crowdfunding platform for institutional CRE equity raises, overseeing legal operations of the company’s private investment funds, registered investment adviser subsidiary, and fundraising platform. He also worked at leading global law firms as a corporate, securities, and M&A associate, where he gained experience in structuring and negotiating a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions involving strategic acquirers, global venture capital funds, and emerging growth technology companies.
- Represented California-based chip manufacturer in its $6.9 billion acquisition of an Israeli-based public company.
- Represented global venture capital firm in connection with its multibillion-dollar acquisition of a minority stake in a Beijing-based technology company.
- Represented global venture capital firm in several early- and mid-stage investments in Chinese technology companies.
- Represented public semiconductor company in its acquisition of IoT analytics company.
- Represented Switzerland-based multinational corporation in the cross-border sale of its mining software unit to a public Canadian company.
- Represented California-based technology manufacturer in its acquisition by a public semiconductor manufacturing company.
- Represented California-based technology company in its $23 million Series B round.
- Represented Paris-based venture capital fund in several early- and mid-stage investments in emerging growth companies.
- Represented Seattle-based technology company in its $2 million Series A round with institutional venture capital investors.
- Represented international private equity firm in complex $330 million debt and equity financing in connection with GE Capital loan portfolio divestment.
- Represented administrative agent of $400 million syndicated loan facility in workout negotiations and subsequent credit agreement amendments.
- Represented administrative agent in amendments to $20 million credit facility.
- Represented San Francisco-based sponsor in connection with the formation $11 million special purpose vehicle.
- Represented Oregon-based sponsor in connection with the formation of a $20 million real estate private equity fund.
- Co-Author, Financing the Purchase, Ch. 55 of Advising Oregon Businesses, Vols. 3-4 (2018 Ed.)
News, Events, & Insights
- Regulating The Wild West of Cryptocurrencies: A Primer on New York BitLicenses
IM Report May 6, 2021
- New Regulation Crowdfunding Rules Come into Effect
IM Report March 17, 2021
- SEC FINALIZES AMENDMENTS TO ADVISER ADVERTISING RULES
IM Report January 24, 2021