Niccolo Barber is an associate in the San Francisco and Portland offices of Rimon, where his practice focuses on corporate transactions, investment fund formation and management, and securities regulation and compliance. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Barber led securities and regulatory compliance at CrowdStreet, Inc. an online crowdfunding platform for institutional CRE equity raises, overseeing legal operations of the company’s private investment funds, registered investment adviser subsidiary, and fundraising platform. He also worked at leading global law firms as a corporate, securities, and M&A associate, where he gained experience in structuring and negotiating a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions involving strategic acquirers, global venture capital funds, and emerging growth technology companies.
- Represented NVIDIA Corporation in its $6.9 billion acquisition of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd.
- Represented SoftBank Vision Fund in connection with its multibillion-dollar acquisition of a minority stake in ByteDance Ltd., a Beijing-based technology company.
- Represented New Enterprise Associates in several early- and mid-stage investments in Chinese technology companies.
- Represented QuickLogic Corporation in its acquisition of Oregon-based SensiML Corporation
- Represented ABB Ltd. in the cross-border sale of its Intelligent Mining Solutions business to Datamine, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software
- Represented LumaSense Technologies Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition by Advanced Energy Industries, Inc..
- Represented California-based technology company in its $23 million Series B round.
- Represented Paris-based venture capital fund in several early- and mid-stage investments in emerging growth companies.
- Represented Seattle-based technology company in its $2 million Series A round with institutional venture capital investors.
- Represented international private equity firm in complex $330 million debt and equity financing in connection with GE Capital loan portfolio divestment.
- Represented administrative agent of $400 million syndicated loan facility in workout negotiations and subsequent credit agreement amendments.
- Represented Silicon Valley Bank as administrative agent in amendments to $20 million credit facility.
- Represented San Francisco-based sponsor in connection with the formation $11 million special purpose vehicle.
- Represented Oregon-based sponsor in connection with the formation of a $20 million real estate private equity fund.
- Co-Author, Financing the Purchase, Ch. 55 of Advising Oregon Businesses, Vols. 3-4 (2018 Ed.)