Michael L. Zosky is an experienced attorney in Rimôn’s Private Client group. He focuses on estate and wealth transfer planning for high net worth individuals, owners of closely-held businesses, executives, and individuals with international planning issues. Mr. Zosky works closely with clients to create customized estate plans which include revocable living trusts, irrevocable generation-skipping trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), family limited liability companies, charitable remainder trusts, and private charitable foundations.
Mr. Zosky assists clients with the minimization of estate taxes, gift taxes, income taxes, and property taxes. A few examples of his work are as follows:
- Assisting clients with the maximization of QSBS exclusions by using multiple non-grantor irrevocable trusts for the benefit of children and other family members;
- Helping clients move real property to their children while preserving low property tax basis with the use of limited liability companies;
- Transferring significant wealth to children with GRATs and low-value assets prior to a company exit, preserving client’s exclusion from estate and gift taxes;
- Forming limited liability companies for clients with real estate to provide creditor protection; and
- Structuring ownership of assets for high profile clients to maintain privacy.
In addition to wealth and estate planning, Mr. Zosky advises fiduciaries, including trustees and executors, with the administration of trusts and estates following the death of a loved one.
Mr. Zosky is a Certified Specialist in Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Law as determined by the California Board of Legal Specialization. This designation is held by fewer than 3% of California estate planning attorneys.
- Northern California’s Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-2020
News, Events, & Insights
12 Rimon attorneys across six offices named Super Lawyers, again
News April 08, 2020
Five Rimon Attorneys Named San Francisco Super Lawyers, Again
News March 01, 2019