Practice Groups and Client Sectors:Corporate, Financial Services, International, Private Client, Technology
Areas of Focus:Commercial Transactions, Debt Finance, Energy and Project Finance, International Transactions, Renewable Energy and Cleantech, Latin America and the Caribbean
Lisa-Marie Monsanto focuses her practice on representing project sponsors, private equity funds, issuers and other parties in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of a broad range of financing transactions and equity investments with commercial and bilateral/multilateral development finance institutions. She is experienced in project finance, secured and unsecured single bank, club and syndicated credit facilities, first lien/second lien financing, mezzanine financing, export finance and equipment finance. Lisa-Marie focuses on financings in emerging markets, including Latin America and the Caribbean, Southeast Asia and Africa. She also has a background in a wide range of specialized capital markets products.
Lisa-Marie also provides general corporate and licensing counseling to small and medium size companies that are expanding in the U.S. and emerging markets. She serves as general counsel for two of her clients in the life sciences and manufacturing sectors.
- Represented a Jordanian private equity fund in connection with OPIC financing for one of their renewable energy portfolio companies.
- Represented a life sciences company in connection with distribution agreements for its product in six Southeast Asian countries.
- Represented a project sponsor in connection with the development of an ammonia-urea plant in Nigeria.
- Represented a Latin American private equity fund in connection with an investment in an energy conglomerate in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Represented a utility pole manufacturer in connection with various corporate and commercial finance matters.
- Represented an aircraft manufacturer in connection with various manufacturer financing transactions.
- Represented an insurance company in connection with an OPIC financing of the Philippine power distribution system.
- Represented a trucking company in connection with a leverage buyout.
- Represented an insurance company in connection with the purchase of U.S. Ex-Im guaranteed loans issued to various foreign airlines.
- Represented technology start-ups on commercial finance and venture capital investments.
- Represented commercial bank in connection with a large debt offering.
- Represented a commercial bank on various trustee matters.
- Represented a German bank on a complex securitization.
- Represented a hedge fund on the purchase and sale of various real estate assets.
- Represented a leading technology company in connection with a large commercial bank financing
- Represented a housing agency on a large loan securitization.
- Represented a Philippine alternative energy producer on the sale of certain assets.
- American Bar Association, International Law and Business Law Section
- Women's Foreign Policy Group
- Women's World Banking
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- Speaker | Securing Multilateral Institutions and Government Funds | Caribbean Renewable Energy Finance Conference | Montego Bay, Jamaica (May 2–3, 2011)
- Panelist | Beyond the BRICs: What Do Alternative Emerging Markets Offer Investors? | Emerging Markets Summit 2011: BRIC and Beyond | New York, New York (January 19, 2011)
- Speaker | A View From the Top: A Report Card on Women's Leadership | New Economy, New Reality: Developing Tools for Empowerment and Opportunity | New York, New York (June 5, 2009)
- National Council for Research on Women, “30 Leaders Changing the Way the World Looks at Women”
- Legal Counsel on Legal Diversity 2012 Fellow