Ms.Sledziewski works on a variety of real estate related matters - from commercial to residential transactions, representing individuals and companies buying, selling, and/or leasing and acting as counsel to condominium associations. Ms. Sledziewski also handles real estate-based disputes, both informally and through litigaton. She also represents lenders and creditors in real estate and asset-based transactions and collections litigation.
Ms.Sledziewski is licensed to practice law in Illinois, Florida, and New Mexico and was a member of the University of Miami Law Review and graduated magna cum laude. After starting her career at a prestigious South Florida law firm and spending two years as a solo practitioner, she moved to Chicago and joined the law firm Statman, Harris & Eyrich in 2014. Ms. Sledziewski founded Kershner Sledziewski Law in 2017 and is dedicated to providing excellent legal services to her clients using technology and flexible fee arrangements.
A prolific networker, Ms.Sledziewski is a board member of the Professional Women's Club of Chicago and the Vice President of Business Law Network.
- Blanchard & Associates vs. Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 17-1903 (7th Cr. 2018) (successfully appealed dismissal of a complaint filed on behalf of a law firm to collect unpaid fees)
- First S. Bank v. Fifth Third Bank NA, 631 F. App'x 121 (4th Cir. 2015) (represented Fifth Third Bank in the successful appeal of various claims arising from a participation agreement with another lender)
- Successfully documented and closed millions of dollars of traditional and non-traditional asset based and real-estate backed financing
- Successfully recovered millions of dollars of bad debt on behalf of institutional lenders, non-traditional lenders, individuals, and businesses of all sizes.
- Recovered a variety of business assets from produce to nutrition supplements to mechanical equipment, successfully foreclosed on dozens of commercial properties, and negotiated favorable forbearance and work-out agreements for borrowers and lenders.
- Defended businesses and individuals against claims of trade secrets and fiduciary duties violations, as well as obtained temporary restraining orders and injunctions on behalf of clients looking to protect their assets.
- Represented hundreds of individuals, trusts or other entities to close residential real estate transactions, negotiating thousands of dollars in credits, navigating title issues, and coordinating with lenders to ensure smooth and pleasant experiences for her clients.
PUBLICATIONS, SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS, AWARDS
- “1031 Exchanges for Real Estate Brokers” – presented to various real estate brokerage groups throughout Chicagoland
- “How to Make the Move” – presented to various middle market companies’ young employee groups on the first-time homebuying process
- “Considerations for Foreigners Buying Real Estate in the United States” – presented to various real estate groups throughout Chicagoland
- “Landlord and Tenant Issues for Chicagoland Investors” – presented to WCRT real estate investors group
* Rimon Global Alliance
The Rimon Global Alliance consists of highly skilled attorneys and other professionals whom our partners may call upon as independent contractors to our firm for their expertise, capabilities or economy in the service of our clients. They are not employees, partners, or associated in the firm. Biographies of Rimon Global Alliance professionals are presented here solely for the convenience of our clients.