Jennifer Gillon Duffy
Practice Groups and Client Sectors:Litigation, Employment Law, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Areas of Focus:Employment Law, Family Law
Jennifer Gillon Duffy’s civil litigation practice encompasses employment law, family law, and general civil litigation matters.
Ms. Duffy advises business owners, human resource professionals, and employees throughout the world, with a primary focus in California. She assists clients in becoming and remaining compliant with the vast, interrelated and evolving labor laws governing businesses today. When the need arises, she assists employers in defending against employee claims of non-compliance in all areas of employment law. She also counsels employees in claims of unpaid compensation and wrongful termination.
Ms. Duffy is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. In her comprehensive family law practice, Ms. Duffy prepares pre-nuptial agreements; counsels spouses before filing for divorce or legal separation and unmarried parents before filing parentage actions; addresses issues of child custody and child support, and assesses spousal support (alimony), both during the divorce process and post-divorce; addresses property characterization, valuation, and division; and handles the procedural and emotional issues of restraining orders. Ms. Duffy also has an extensive background in substance abuse issues.
Ms. Duffy serves on several boards and is passionate about volunteering in the community. She was named Dream Foundation’s Volunteer of the Year in 2018 for her work with its Flower Empower Program, which involves creating bouquets for people in hospice and retirement homes, and has received the President of the United States Volunteer Service Award yearly since 2018.
- Santa Barbara Chapter of the National Charity League, Board Member
- The Storyteller Children’s Center, Board Member
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association, Board Member and Officer
- Women’s Economic Ventures’ League of Extraordinary Women, Member
- ProVisors, Member of the Santa Barbara-1 Chapter
- The W Source, Member of the Santa Barbara Chapter
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Pacific Coast Business Times, “Top 50 Women in Business” in the tri-counties (Santa Barbara, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo Counties), 2017-2019
- Pacific Coast Business Times, “Who’s Who in Professional Services,” 2016-2020
- University of San Francisco, Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review
- Judicial Extern to the California Supreme Court, The Honorable Associate Justice Joyce Luther Kennard
News, Events, & Insights
Global Law Firm Rimôn PC Opens Santa Barbara Office with Four New Partners
News March 01, 2021