Herbert Burgunder III
Herbert Burgunder's primary areas of practice are real estate (including commercial, residential, and real estate litigation), land use and zoning (variances, conditional uses, grandfathered uses, non-conforming uses, special exceptions, zoning appeals, and change in use), business law, contracts, and landlord/tenant issues. Throughout his years of practice, Mr. Burgunder has developed a keen eye for direct communication and smooth transactions. His clients can count on him to keep their best interests in mind. Simple documents and straightforward language are his hallmarks. A real estate purchase might be accomplished with a two-page contract. A zoning memorandum of law will speak directly to the issues before the board or zoning commissioner.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Burgunder regulated charitable organizations for the State of Maryland and promoted business development in Maryland in the former Department of Business and Economic Development.
In addition to practicing, Mr. Burgunder taught at the University of Maryland Law School as an adjunct faculty member in the Legal Analysis, Writing, and Research program. These courses focused on legal writing for trial and appeals.
Mr. Burgunder is a 1994 graduate of the University of Baltimore Law School and a 1991 graduate of Cornell University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government.
- Author, Residential Real Estate Transactions, Chapter 6 – Pre-Closing Problems and Practice Manual for the Maryland Lawyer
- Author, Effective Legal Writing, Maryland Bar Journal, Volume XXXII, November/December 1999
- Author, Effective Legal Writing: Preserving the Power of “Shall,” The Advocate, Volume 16, Number 2, Winter 2001
- Residential Real Estate Transactions, Maryland State Bar Association, 2019
- Zoning and Sign Regulations, Real Estate Discussion Group, 2019
- Creative Financing Techniques, Investors United School of Real Estate, 2019
- Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Baltimore, Maryland Super Lawyers (Thomas Reuters), 2019-2021
- The Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar Association