Federico (Fed) Salinas
In a career spanning nearly 25 years across the globe, Fed has helped companies in the finance, manufacturing, technology and legal services sectors to expand internationally. He combines business and finance experience with a real politik approach to regulatory and legal requirements, tapping into various local networks to help his clients achieve cost savings and/or top-line growth. He is currently focused on helping North American clients to expand in Europe, LatAm, and the Middle East.
Fed has significant experience in international capital markets and has advised all “bulge bracket” investment banks in equity and debt offerings in LatAm and EMEA. He also has been an advisor to sovereign entities facing challenges in their relations with investors and potential investors.
As a long-time Angel Investor, Fed is deeply familiar with the VC and PE industries. He advises both investors and entrepreneurs, driven by a philosophy to help them build resilient and profitable partnerships in non-zero sum arrangements.
Fed is focused on social impact investing in enterprises fostering sustainable communities, clean energy, and gender balance. He is driven by a commitment to improve human welfare through community-building initiatives and writes frequently on medium.com about his findings in this area.
SELECT REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE
Internationalization of operations:
- Advising a major US insurance group in its operational expansion (cost-based) in Poland and migration of certain business functions from the UK and Poland.
- Advising a Luxembourg-based enterprise in metal compound manufacturing in its operational (top-line) expansion in the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
- Led the expansion into the UAE of Dewey LeBoeuf, a major US law firm and was a key member of the team expanding its operations in the Middle East and Turkey.
- Represented a US logistics company in a complex triangular joint venture arrangement for the supply of oil and oil-related products to military and other governmental facilities in countries in the Middle East.
- Advised Efes Breweries International in various joint ventures in Serbia, Kazakhstan, Russia, and Uzbekistan as part of their overall operational expansion.
International capital markets:
- Represented Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, Goldman Sachs International and UniCredit as global coordinators and joint bookrunners, and Espirito Santo Investment Bank, PKO Bank Polski and Société Générale as joint bookrunners, in the process of accelerated bookbuilding by the State Treasury and Polskie Inwestycje Rozwojowe S.A. for the shares of PGE S.A for a total price of PLN 1.32 billion.
- Represented Banque Saudi Fransi/Calyon in the $1.8 billion IPO offering of Zain Saudi Arabia (also known as MTC KSA), the new entrant to Saudi Arabia's mobile telecommunications market, of shares listed on Tadawul and offered to institutional and retail investors in Saudi Arabia.
- Represented HSBC and EFG-Hermes in the $800 million IPO of Talaat Mostafa Group, the largest real estate developer in Egypt, of shares listed on the Cairo and Alexandria Stock Exchange and offered internationally on a Rule 144A and Regulation S basis.
- Represented Raymond James and Ekspres Invest, as joint lead managers, in a $160 million offering (pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S) of shares by Bank Asya, a Turkish financial institution. The shares were listed on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
- Represented the lead manager, CA IB, in a €55.5 million offering (pursuant to Regulation S) of shares by Tallinna Vesi, the water company of the City of Tallinn. The shares were listed on the Tallinn Stock Exchange.
- Represented the lead managers, Citigroup and Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, in a US$266,420,000 offering (pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S) of Loan Participation Notes due 2009 by Dresdner Bank AG for the purpose of funding a loan “KYIVSTAR G.S.M.”, a Ukrainian mobile telecommunications operator, together with an offer by Kyivstar G.S.M. to exchange Loan Participation Notes due 2009 for existing Loan Participation Notes due 2005
- A History of Community in Ten Minutes. Medium, November 2018.
- Is Big Law in Big Trouble? The future of legal services. Medium, October 2018.
- While You Were Sleeping…New Highway Act Improves the Capital Raising On-Ramp, GT Client Alert. December 30, 2015.
- Implications of the Elimination of the Restriction on General Solicitation for Cross-Border Equity Offerings Under Rule 144A by Foreign Private Issuers. GT Client Alert, October 25, 2013.
- Harmonisation is the Key to Success: A comparison of securities regulation in key Middle East economies. International Financial Law Review. September 1, 2008.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Polish Capital Markets transactions, Chambers and Partners, 2012-2017
- Turkish Corporate & M&A transactions, Chambers and Partners, 2011
- Member of winning team, Deal of the Year – Middle East, International Financial Law Review ( Euromoney Institution Investor PLC group, 2008
- Member of winning team, International Law Firm of the Year in Poland, Chambers Europe Award for Excellence, Chambers and Partners, 2012-2017