Emma Larson’s practice focuses on secured financings and other corporate and structured finance transactions from the Seattle office of Rimon.
Ms. Larson represents a broad range of clients seeking to close complex, cross-border transactions.
She is well-versed in the challenges presented by large-scale aviation, satellite and equipment deals and brings extensive transaction experience to export credit agencies, financial institutions, aircraft and helicopter leasing companies, airlines, investors and major corporations both in the United States and around the world.
Her practice includes leveraged finance and operating leases, portfolio acquisitions and finance transactions, corporate support for restructuring and bankruptcy matters, asset-backed securities transactions, syndicated loans, private placements and securitizations. In addition, she supports major international corporations in general corporate work with a cross-border context.
- Representation of Wings Capital Partners on the 2016 acquisition and finance of nine commercial jet aircraft subject to operating leases and registered in several different jurisdictions and on their initial $200 million secured loan facility with Wells Fargo Bank, NA to fund the acquisition of a portfolio of mid-life narrow body aircraft.
- The Huntington National Bank, as administrative agent, in connection with a $1 billion revolving loan facility secured by helicopters and related leases in multiple jurisdictions and certain other assets for The Milestone Aviation Group Limited, financed by a syndicate of 16 lenders;
- Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, as agent, in connection with a series of debt facilities for The Milestone Aviation Group Limited totaling $400 million, including a multiple drawing term loan facility secured by helicopters and related leases and certain other assets, including a 7 lender syndicated term facility, generally regarded as the first syndicated portfolio financing for a helicopter leasing company;
- TD Securities (USA) LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Deutsche Bank Securities, respectively, as initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of secured notes in the capital markets guaranteed by US Ex-Im Bank, including “prefunded” note offerings in reliance on section 3(a)(2) of the Securities Act with the proceeds used to finance the purchase of either Boeing aircraft or Sikorsky helicopters by lessors or airlines;
- The Toronto Dominion Bank and other lenders in connection with Ex-Im Bank guaranteed loan facilities for the purchase of Boeing aircraft;
- ICBC Financial Leasing, Aeromexico, CIT Aerospace International and MIAT Mongolian Airlines as borrowers, in connection with Ex-Im Bank guaranteed loan facilities for the purchase of Boeing aircraft; the MIAT deal was selected as ECA Backed Financing Deal of the Year by Trade Finance Magazine;
- Votorantim Cimentos North America, Inc., in the acquisition of 100 percent of the equity of Prestige/AB Ready Mix, LLC and Prestige Gunite Inc, two Florida-based cement companies, together with their affiliated entities for US$225million and subsequent support for the consolidation and corporate reorganization;
- WCI Communities, Inc. and 126 of its subsidiaries, leading developers of luxury homes and condominium towers, in connection with their restructuring of approximately US$2 billion in debt through a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization;
- HSBC, Liberty Global and other equity investors in the $1.2 billion financing of O3b Network’s Ka-band satellite network (November 2010), which was named the Africa Telecoms Deal of the Year by Project Finance International and the ECA-Backed Financing Deal of the Year by Trade Finance Magazine;
- BNP Paribas and syndicate lenders for a US$586 million credit facility to Globalstar, Inc., a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services, with credit support from Coface, the French export credit agency;
- Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social in providing separate export credit facilities for the purchase of Embraer aircraft by Flight Options LLC and Taca International Airlines, S.A.
- China Deal of the Year, Trade Finance Magazine (Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC), 2014
- Export Credit Agency Backed Financing Deal of the Year, Trade Finance Magazine (Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC), 2013
- Export Credit Agency Backed Financing Deal of the Year, Trade Finance Magazine (Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC), 2010
- Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2009
News, Events, & Insights
- LIBOR Fallbacks- Alternative Reference Rates
Insights May 20, 2019
- Insolvency of Alitalia Puts Creditors on Notice to Make Claims
Insights July 20, 2017
- Law360 Article on Four New Partners Joining Rimon in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and New Jersey
News July 10, 2016
- Cross-Border Transactional Financing Attorney Emma Larson Joins Rimon’s Seattle Office as Partner
News May 23, 2016