David W. Tate, Esq.
Rimon Global Alliance*
Practice Groups and Client Sectors:Litigation, Trusts and Estates, Private Client, Intellectual Property, Corporate, Real Estate
Areas of Focus:Corporate Governance, Commercial Litigation, Litigation, Trusts and Estates, Real Estate Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation
Dave Tate is an experienced litigation and trial attorney and counselor handling all aspects of case evaluation, discovery, trial, settlement, and appeal in California state and federal courts; and advising professional and business clients on duties and liabilities.
Mr. Tate’s probate litigation cases primarily involve trust, estate, power of attorney, conservatorship and elder abuse (financial, physical and mental) litigation. Mr. Tate also represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in trust and estate administration including contentious administrations.
Mr. Tate’s civil litigation cases primarily involve real estate, commercial/business, environmental, products liability, professional (trustee, real estate broker, accountant, D&O), personal injury and accidents, insurance, and public entity litigation.
Mr. Tate is also a licensed (inactive) certified public accountant.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of California
- Chair of the Business Law Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Certified Public Accountant (California, inactive)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of CPAs
Trust, Estate, Probate Court, Elder and Dependent Adult, and Disability Disputes and Litigation
- Trust and estate disputes and litigation, and contentious administrations representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries; elder abuse; power of attorney disputes; elder care and nursing home abuse; conservatorships; claims to real and personal property; and other related disputes and litigation.
Business, Business-Related, and Workplace Disputes and Litigation: Private, Closely Held, and Family Businesses; Public Companies; Nonprofit Entities; and Governmental Entities
- Business v. business disputes including breach of contract; unlawful, unfair and fraudulent business practices; fraud, deceit and misrepresentation; unfair competition; licensing agreements, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing; etc.
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- M&A disputes
- Founder, officer, director and board, investor, shareholder, creditor, VC, control, governance, decision making, fiduciary duty, conflict of interest, independence, voting, etc., disputes
- Buy-sell disputes
- Funding and share dilution disputes
- Accounting, lost profits, and royalty disputes and damages
- Access to corporate and business records disputes
- Employee, employer and workplace disputes and processes, discrimination, whistleblower and retaliation, harassment, defamation, etc.
Investigations, Governance, and Responsibilities and Rights
- Corporate, business, nonprofit and governmental internal investigations
- Board, audit committee, governance committee, and special committee governance and processes, disputes, conflicts of interest, independence, culture, ethics, etc.; and advising audit committees, governance committees, officers, directors, and boards
1. Business, D&O, board, director, audit committee, shareholder, founder, owner, and investor litigation, governance and governance committee, responsibilities and rights, compliance, investigations, and risk management: http://auditcommitteeupdate.com
2. Trust, estate/probate, power of attorney, conservatorship, elder and dependent adult abuse, nursing home and care, disability, discrimination, personal injury, responsibilities and rights, and other related litigation, and contentious administrations: http://californiaestatetrust.com
* Rimon Global Alliance
The Rimon Global Alliance consists of highly skilled attorneys and other professionals whom our partners may call upon as independent contractors to our firm for their expertise, capabilities or economy in the service of our clients. They are not employees, partners, or associated in the firm. Biographies of Rimon Global Alliance professionals are presented here solely for the convenience of our clients.