Daria von Mensenkampff
Areas of Focus:Mergers and Acquisitions, Europe, International Transactions, Investment Advisers and Other Asset Managers, Private Investment Funds, Securities and Capital Markets, Telecommunications, Trusts and Estates, Russia, the Baltics, and the CIS, Fund Formation, Emerging Companies and Venture Capital, Environmental, Social and Governance, Regulatory, Compliance & Corporate Governance
Daria von Mensenkampff has extensive experience in cross-border M&A, private equity, impact investment, and growth capital transactions in emerging markets, Russia, Europe, and the United States. Daria counsels PE and VC technology clients at all stages of development, advising both companies and funds on complex corporate and finance agreements. Daria practiced in Moscow from 2004 to 2010 and has been living and working in Milan since 2011. She is a fluent Russian, English, and Italian speaker.
- Represented Fort Ross Ventures in relation to the $30 million USD Series C Financing for AI-powered customer data platform, BlueShift.
- Advised Fort Ross Ventures in connection with its Series C investment into RideCell, a mobility platform.
- Represented a remote monitoring company (US-based with Russian founders) in relation to its Series A-2 financing.
- Advised a number of global startups with Russian founders on corporate and finance matters, including on flip transactions.
- Advised Seacrest in OKEA’s acquisition of Shell’s interests in the Draugen and Gjøa fields offshore Norway and Seacrest's negotiation of a strategic partnership with Bangchak Corporation, including Bangchak’s investment in OKEA.
- Represented Telenor ASA in its investment in F&J Labs/Telenor Co-Invest III, L.P.
- Represented Calvert Social Investment Foundation, Inc. on the formation of, and placement of limited partnership interests in, Equity for Impact L.P. and ImpactAssets Funded Guarantee L.P., both Delaware limited partnerships.
- Represented Telenor ASA in its $360M acquisition of TapAd, Inc.
- Advised an American energy innovation startup on structural, corporate and finance matters.
- Advised OKEA on its acquisition of an interest in the Yme oil field offshore Norway from Repsol.
- Represented Telenor ASA in its $365 million public offering in the US and Europe of 90 million of its VEON Ltd. (NASDAQ: VEON) ADSs and common shares.
- Represented Telenor ASA in its $262 million public offering in the US and Europe of approximately 70 million of its VEON Ltd. (NASDAQ: VEON) American Depositary Shares (ADSs) and common shares.
- Represented Telenor ASA on its $500 million public offering in the US of approximately 163.9 million of its VimpelCom Ltd. (NASDAQ: VIP) ADSs, as well as a Regulation S offering outside the US to non-US persons of $1 billion of 0.25% bonds due 2019 that are exchangeable for VimpelCom ADSs.
- Advised an American global aerospace company in connection with the creation of assembly capabilities in Russia and various regulatory issues.
- Represented Coca-Cola HBC on its acquisition of Russian leading soft drinks production facility Aquavision.
- Advised Capital International Private Equity Fund on its acquisition of a stake in Unimilk, Russia's second-biggest dairy company.
- Advised Telenor ASA and VimpelCom Ltd in connection with the formation of VimpelCom Ltd, a $23.8 billion NYSE-listed emerging market mobile operator.
- Advised a leading multinational pharmaceutical company on structuring the relations with Russian distributors and antitrust law issues.
- Advised a leading global producer of denim apparel on restructuring its distribution chain in Russia and antitrust law issues.
Chapter on Russia in "International Liability of Corporate Directors," a 2011 publication by Juris Publishing (co-authored).
- Responsibility for performance of companies in Russia (Italo-Russian Chamber of Commerce, Milan, March 2014);
- Joint Ventures in Russia: foreign investment opportunities and latest market trends (Italo-Russian Chamber of Commerce, Milan, March 2013);
- Exporting into Russia: recent legal developments (Italo-Russian Chamber of Commerce, Milan, January 2012);
- Russian competition law on affiliates (Affiliates in the Corporate Context seminar, Moscow, June 2010)