Claudio Palmieri represents a variety of clients. Serving businesses and individuals in general corporate matters, Mr. Palmieri has counseled regarding international, European, and civil and administrative law. His practice focuses in the areas of public tender contracts (government procurement), corporate law, EU funds, and succession (probate in civil law jurisdictions), as well as debt collection and tax litigation.
Mr. Palmieri has significant governmental experience, particularly regarding European Union legal issues. He was the legal and institutional affairs representative for the Calabria Region to the European Union in Brussels, where Mr. Palmieri was the key contact person for EU state aid and infringement in the region, and was responsible for monitoring EU legislation and decision making.
Among other roles, Mr. Palmieri also served as legal counsel on procurement issues, EU funds and environmental questions, institutional lobbying and serving as the contact person for legal and institutional affairs to the European Parliament, the Directorate-Generals of the European Commission, the EU's Committee of the Regions, the Permanent Representation of Italy to the European Union, and the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions.
Mr. Palmieri has also served as Office Director in Rome of the Autonomous Organizational Unit Specialized in European Politics for the Calabria Region.
Highlights of experience include:
- Planning of data protection policies and compliance with EU and National data protection laws for organizations;
- Assisting clients with compliance with EU Antitrust law and practices;
- Providing corporate advice and due diligence for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs);
- Advising on issues of State aid for SMEs;
- Reviewing suspected fraud affecting the European Communities and some Member States' financial interests relating to public contracts, financed by European Development Fund in the Community’s external relations;
- Representing a trade association in an EU court proceeding regarding the interpretation of Article 56 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) to extend the obligation to disclose economic information to advertising concessionaires that negotiate advertising space on the internet and to companies having their headquarters outside Italy.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL ENHANCEMENT
- 2012-2016 Professional training courses for lawyers pursuant to regulation 13 July 2007 of the National Forensics Council, regarding administrative, civil and business law.
- July 2015 - https://www.edx.org/, AdelaideX, Cyber101x: Cyberwar, Surveillance and Security certification
- December 2014 - MIT Professional Education - Tackling the Challenges of Big Data
- May 2014 - https://www.edx.org/, CornellX, ENGRI1280x, Wiretaps to Big Data certification
- April 2014 Specialization master in information technology (IT) law.
- January 2006 – May 2006: Specialization course on arbitration, organized by the Rome Bar Association. May 2005 – June 2005: Professional training course, The Corporate Trial, organized by the Rome Bar Association.
- February 2000 – August 2000: Advanced English course at the Applied Language Centre, University College Dublin, in Dublin.
- November 18, 1999: University of Naples “Federico II” – Degree in Law with thesis on European merger law (Mentor Prof. Luigi Sico)
- Contribution to “Repertorio del Foro Italiano,” Zanichelli, 2003 al 2017 (particularly highlighting entries Arbitration and Comparative Law).
- Le autorità indipendenti (Independent Authorities), in Diritto amministrativo, Edizioni Simone, 2010. Dizionario di Diritto Amministrativo (Dictionary of Administrative Law) by Francesco Caringella, Italia oggi, 2008.
- Italian Communications Authority, Committee of the Regions, Electronic signature - Rassegna di giurisprudenza fiscale comunitaria dal 1999 al 2004 (Review of European fiscal jurisprudence), in Foro it., 2005, IV, 521.
- Explanatory note of the EU Court of Justice 16 January 2003, Case C-398/99 in Foro it., 2003, IV, 225.
- Dirigenza degli enti locali e Funzioni dirigenziali nei comuni privi di personale dirigenziale (Local Entity Management and Management functions in municipalities that lack management personnel) for the CD-ROM Enti locali, IPSOA Editore, Milano, 2002.
- Explanatory note in the Regional Administrative Court for Trentino Alto Adige, Trento, 18 February 2002, number 65 in Il Foro Amministrativo T.A.R., 2002, 416.
- Rassegna di giurisprudenza fiscale comunitaria dall’anno 1999 al 2002 in materia di imposta di valore aggiunto (Review of European fiscal jurisprudence: VAT), in Foro it., 2003, IV, 226.
- Explanatory note of the EU Court of Justice 14 March 2000, Case C-54/99 in Foro it., 2001, IV, 520.
- Explanatory note of the EU Court of Justice 12 September 2000, Case C-359/97 in Foro it., 2001, IV, 365
News, Events, & Insights
No Certainty in Future of Privacy Shield as Transatlantic Consultations Set to Begin
Insights August 08, 2017
Insolvency of Alitalia Puts Creditors on Notice to Make Claims
Insights July 20, 2017
Growing its Global Reach, Rimon Expands to Rome
News June 19, 2017