Areas of Focus:Private Investment Funds, Investment Advisers and Other Asset Managers, Registered Investment Companies, International Transactions, Securities and Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions, Israel Transactions, Emerging Companies and Venture Capital, Israel, Europe, China
Carl M. Sherer is Counsel to Rimon. Mr. Sherer holds a JD as well as an MBA from New York University, and is a graduate of Columbia University. He worked with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and with Schulte Roth & Zabel in New York, in addition to serving as Assistant to the General Counsel at the Israel Securities Authority.
Mr. Sherer has over twenty-five years experience in corporate and securities law, helping individuals and corporations in both transactional and regulatory settings in the United States and in Israel. Mr. Sherer was associated with Professor Joseph Gross, Hodak & Co. in Tel Aviv, was a partner at Silber, Schottenfels, Gerber & Sherer, and was of counsel to Zell Goldberg & Co.
Mr. Sherer's experience covers a wide array of domestic and international corporate and securities matters, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions, including major international mergers
- Initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities in the United States and in Israel
- Establishment of investment funds
- International joint ventures
- Financial products
- Technology licensing arrangements
- Securities regulatory advice in the United States and in Israel, including under both countries' investment adviser regulations
- Bank regulatory advice in the United States
- Securities regulation in Israel
- Commodities trading worldwide
Awards & Recognition
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the Fifth Edition of The Best Lawyers in Israel in the practice area of Capital Markets Law., 2014 - 2019.
Co-author of the Israel chapter in the ABA’s International Mergers and Acquisitions Due Diligence.
News, Events, & Insights
Finding Your Fortune - SEC’s Proposal To Allow Non-Registered Finders
Insights November 02, 2020
Rimon Law helps clients to navigate newly opened commerce between the UAE and Israel
News September 15, 2020
Rimon Partners in Six States and in Israel listed in Best Lawyers® Again
News August 15, 2018
Rimon Attorney Carl Sherer Named in Best Lawyers® Israel Again
News December 15, 2016
Rimon Partners in Five States and in Israel listed in Best Lawyers® for Third Consecutive Year.
News August 15, 2016
Rimon Attorney Named in Best Lawyers® Israel Again
News January 27, 2016