Angela Gonzales represents clients in a full range of corporate transactional and commercial real estate matters, and has significant experience in transactions involving foreign investment, international secured lending, and cross-border corporate structuring and operations.
Ms. Gonzales represents clients in a full range of corporate transactional and commercial real estate matters, and has significant experience in transactions involving foreign investment, international secured lending, and cross-border corporate structuring and operations.
In her real estate practice, Ms. Gonzales has been involved in all aspects of real estate acquisition, disposition, and leasing. Ms. Gonzales advocates on behalf of her clients which include developers, investors, high net worth individuals, and family offices with interests in commercial properties, hospitality and tourist developments, as well as private luxury residences. Ms. Gonzales frequently negotiates commercial office and retail leases on behalf of start-ups and corporate clients.
Ms. Gonzales also has extensive experience representing U.S. investors, developers, and high net worth individuals who are buying and selling Mexican real estate. As a student at the University of San Diego School of Law, Ms. Gonzales was a research assistant for Jorge G. Vargas, a noted expert on the Mexican legal system. Her time with Professor Vargas exposed her to the full spectrum of Mexican real estate and environmental law, as applied to U.S. investors acquiring real estate in Mexico.
Ms. Gonzales has further experience representing nonprofit organizations, assisting them in formation, obtaining tax-exempt status, and ongoing management and operations issues. Ms. Gonzales previously served as general counsel to MANA de San Diego, a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering Latinas through education, leadership development, community service and advocacy.
- Represented lenders in $40 million credit facility to take out senior lender and provide working capital for a premier resort in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico using Mexican Trust (fideicomiso) and reversionary rights to defer tax exposure.
- Counseled the hotel and residential community at El Banco, Nayarit, Mexico. Responsible for negotiation of service agreements; counsel to homeowner association.
- Represented private buyer in purchase of over 1,000 hectares in Jalisco, Mexico for $128 million using Mexican trust (fideicomiso).
- Represented Paladin Realty Partners in the formation of a joint venture for the development of residential and commercial real estate in Mexico City.
- Represented Paladin Realty Partners in joint venture and eventual sale of an operating hotel, resort and golf-course in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico.
- Represented Paladin Realty Partners as lender in a series of capital loans totaling over $30 million secured by pledges over ownership interests in various Mexican corporate entities.
- Documented the dissolution of joint venture for development of real estate in Mexico, with client retaining ownership of residential real estate projects in Tijuana and Rosarito, Mexico.
- Counseled various individuals and family offices in the purchase of luxury real estate in Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta and other resort destinations in Mexico.
- Represented family office in the purchase of portfolios of various real estate assets, including multi-family and shopping centers, in a series of 1031 tax deferred exchanges in various states including California, Arizona, Ohio and Utah.
- Counseled individual TIC owner of selling interest in various California investment properties.
- Represented sponsor/promoter in private placement and eventual acquisition of multi family properties in Texas.
- Represented California charter school operator in purchase and financing of permanent school site.
- Represented various non-resident aliens in structuring holding entities and purchase of US real estate assets.