The Goals of the Internship Program (“Program”)
The goals of Rimôn’s Internship Program are threefold:
- To provide valuable work experience and opportunities to Black law students, a group that is presently underrepresented both in our firm and in the legal industry as a whole, during the summer between their 1L and 2L years.
- Expanding Rimôn’s name recognition within quality law schools.
- Introducing potential future employees to Rimôn.
- Duration of Program and Hours: The program will take place over a ten-week period during the intern’s summer break from law school. In limited cases, where the firm would realize a benefit (short or long-term), an intern may be invited to continue on a part-time basis during the school year. The summer internship is designed to be a full-time job, but flexible enough to allow the interns to enjoy their summer as well.
- Nature of Work: To the extent possible, interns will be staffed on projects that allow them to apply their legal education and that are reflective of the type of work performed by 1st-year associates at a law firm. The intern’s time should be spent on work that both develops the intern’s skills and contributes to the firm or our clients.
- Location: San Diego or virtual. Ideally, the intern will work part-time at home and part-time in our San Diego office. COVID-19 precautions will likely affect the situs of work.
- Pay: For 2021, the summer pay will equal $16,000, based on a 10-week program ($1600 per week).
How to Apply
- To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and law school transcript to email@example.com. Letters of recommendation are optional but not required. Similarly, writing samples are option but not required.
- Selection process will be done via video interview. References and background checks will be required.