Webinar: Mitigating IP Risks Before, During, and After an FTO Assessment
Event Marc Kaufman
In this webinar, Rimon Partner Marc Kaufman and Questel Sales Director Austin Englert will discuss new techniques and tools for identifying and addressing intellectual property (IP) risk. You will learn how to identify potential hazards, convey them to business leaders, and develop strategies to achieve business goals while minimizing risks.
The webinar will focus on:
- Understanding the relevant IP landscape. Who are the active players? What have they protected?
- Risk assessment and Freedom to Operate (FTO) strategies. How do potential products fit into existing landscape?
- Identifying potential risks before they identify you.
- Risk avoidance such as adjusting product design/marketing to minimize risks, and developing your own IP to counter threats.
- Communicating risks in a meaningful way to executives. Use analytics to catch the eye of business leaders and bridge the gap between legal risks and business goals.
- The webinar will use a case study of the emerging risk in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
Live Broadcast (with Q&A): Thursday, Oct 5th at 11am - 12pm EDT
About Marc Kaufman
Marc Kaufman concentrates his practice in the area of patent strategy, in particular, advising clients in protecting, managing and monetizing their intellectual property assets. He has represented clients in defending against patent assertions in district courts and through post-grant administrative proceedings in the U.S. Patent Office, such as Inter Partes Reviews. Mr. Kaufman has been active in creating procedures to secure and enforce intellectual property rights, as well as structuring and negotiating intellectual property transactions. Read more