What is an “Ad” These Days?
Insight Joseph I. (“Joe”) Rosenbaum · December 13, 2017
Rimon’s internationally recognized media, entertainment and marketing Partner, Joe Rosenbaum, has now presented two educational webinars for legal professionals, highlighting the fundamental principles of law and regulation applicable to advertising, marketing and promotional activities in today’s mobile and digital world.
The two programs — “Online & Mobile Digital Interactive Advertising: Video Games, Branded Entertainment, Native Advertising and Beyond” presented in December of 2015 and the updated presentation “Augmented, Native and Interactive: The New World of Digital & Mobile Advertising” — covered a range of topics, including:
- Application of traditional advertising and promotional principles to new marketing channels
- Evolving technology and its implications for advertising
- How laws are being applied in and to the new landscape of marketing and promotion
- Current issues confronting advertisers, agencies and media buying entities
- Practical guidance and approaches to reducing legal and regulatory risk for industry players
- Fundamental principles that continue to regulate the consumer marketplace – from children to senior citizens
- Major trends and the legal and regulatory implications to advertising and promotions being driven by mobile, digital interactive technology
- Areas of increased regulatory scrutiny and concern
- Approaches to compliance and practical insights in guiding clients as the technology ecosystem continues to evolve
Joe also examined some of the newest forms of advertising used in video games, through native advertising and digital product placement, in branded entertainment and in mobile media, and how the law and regulation apply, as well as possible evolution of the principles of advertising law as they relate to these new technologies, platforms and distribution channels.
Joe is an internationally recognized and highly valued media, entertainment, marketing and promotions, corporate-commercial transactional lawyer, known as much for his strategic advice and policy acumen, as his legal skills and judgment. Prior to joining Rimon, Joe was a partner in the New York office of Reed Smith LLP and prior to private practice, served for 17 years as an in-house lawyer for American Express, including 4 years in Toronto as Vice President & General Counsel of Amex Canada. Read more here.