ACGSV’s C-Circle on Reputation Management (Google & Cisco guest speakers)
Event James C. Chapman
Jul 20, 2017 8:00AM - 10:00AM PT
Rimon Partner James C. Chapman will moderate this round table with the topic "Reputation Management in a World of Social Media Madness."
Social media platforms are the most widespread and instantaneous form of global communication and information sharing used by consumers and businesses. Thus, protecting and managing a company's online reputation is a must.
During this discussion, Cisco and Google experts will discuss how to proactively manage a company's reputation on social media, how to prevent the escalation of negative commentary and how to develop a healthy and engaging online community. The objective of this seminar is to provide attendees with tools to efficiently engage with, monitor and respond to social media customers.
Among other topics, the presenters will discuss:
- What is "social media reputation management"?
- Are regular interactions on social media networks vital to any business' success?
- What restrictions, if any, should be placed on employees' ability to talk about their employer on social media?
- Should employees be restricted from even listing their employer on Facebook or other social media sites?
- When should a company accept criticism as opposed to defend itself?
- How quickly should a company respond to criticism on social media?
- How should a company respond to "Hate Sites," ad hoc websites set up to convey negative opinions, false content, insults and innuendo?
- When should negative reviews be removed?
- How does a company deal with comments on "ripoffreport" and "pissedconsumer"?
- What tools are available to monitor social media sites regarding conversations, posts or commentary about a company or its management?
- What should be monitored?
- How does one distinguish between relatively harmless complaints and those that may damage a company's reputation or sales in the long term?
- What is the role of SEO in this process?
- When should a company initiate "cyber-investigation"?
- When should a company take legal action against those who post defamatory content or false information?
- What are the key elements of such a plan?
Michelle Finneran Dennedy, Vice President & Chief Privacy Officer at Cisco
Rob Shilkin, VP of Global Communications and Public Affairs at Google
1400 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
About the moderator:
Mr. Chapman focuses his practice on securities law, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, and international business transactions. He counsels publicly traded and privately held clients on public offerings, private placements, debt financings, venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and related transactions. Mr. Chapman also represents venture capital firms, angels, and private equity groups in their investments. With 30 years of experience in corporate and securities law, he has represented clients in over 300 mergers, acquisitions, and financing transactions.