The Middle East
Our Middle East practice group is made up of internationally recognized attorneys, including individuals who have occupied senior appointed positions in the United States Government, and who are consistently recognized by Chambers and other publications for their work in the region. Our partners have spent their careers working on the ground with local and international investors, lenders, companies, and families on a wide variety of financing transactions, acquisitions, investments, and disputes.
The group includes both English law-qualified solicitors and U.S. law-qualified attorneys, who together cover the scope of transactions and disputes in the region and involving local parties in global jurisdictions. We are adept and experienced in both domestic and cross-border representations, assisting our local clients at home and abroad, as well as international clients doing business in the Middle East.
Sovereign Wealth Funds and Other Local Entities
Our attorneys have long-standing relationships with funds, companies, and families in the Middle East. They regularly assist their clients in a wide variety of transactions in the region, with a special focus on Islamic and conventional finance.
- Ongoing representation of sovereign wealth funds of two U.S. allies in the Arabian Peninsula in the negotiation of a USD50 million LNG transaction involving two U.S. companies.
- Representation of Gulf Marine Services in its restructuring of USD450 million of Term Loan and Working Capital facilities.
- Acting for the sponsor on the first Islamically-financed syndicated leveraged recap in the UAE.
- Acting for the equity investors on a USD1 billion restructuring and new investment into a regional infrastructure/utility company.
- Acting for the sponsors on an AED4 billion syndicated Islamic and conventional co-financing for the development of the Midfield Terminal in Abu Dhabi.
- Acting for a major UAE-based, global healthcare provider on their debut syndicated financing (in parallel with its London IPO).
- Acting for a major industrial entity owned by one of the largest family groups in the UAE on their debut European and US-structured TLB financing (the first TLB deal undertaken by a UAE entity).
- Acting for a major regional bank on the financing for the acquisition of a minority interest in a Malaysian financial institution.
- Acting for various regional private equity houses on acquisition financing as well as GP-level fund-raising.
- Acting for one of the largest regional banks on a USD900 million syndicated credit facility.
- Acting for a regional GRE investment vehicle on real estate and other financings (including on the potential debt financing of the acquisition of a European financial institution).
- Acting for the arrangers on the first leveraged buy-out of a regional insurance company with a listed subsidiary.
- Acting for the lenders on a highly structured syndicated margin loan for a regional investor.
- Acting for the creditors on the restructuring of various projects and other financings (including industrial and satellite projects).
International Companies and Investors Doing Business in the Middle East
In addition to assisting local clients, our attorneys also leverage their deep ties to the Middle East to assist international companies and investors with their activities in the region, including in connection with financings, investments, and dispute resolution.
- Advising a private investment group from Kazakhstan on a proposed acquisition of rights to a plot of land in the Emirate of Dubai for further development of mixed-use commercial and residential properties.
- Acting for a UK plc with headquarters in the UAE on all financing matters.
- Representation of a Russian telecoms company in ad hoc arbitration proceedings against a Middle East software company.
- Multiple inbound investments from Russia and other CIS countries to the UAE, including joint ventures with sovereign funds, in a wide range of sectors (real estate, financial services, oil & gas, hospitality, and telecoms).
Rimon Attorneys With Expertise in the Middle East Include:
Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights, Real Estate, Corporate, International, Financial Services
Litigation, International, FinTech, Cryptocurrencies, and Blockchain, Technology
Federico (Fed) Salinas
Corporate, FinTech, Cryptocurrencies, and Blockchain, Financial Services