Intellectual Property Litigation
Rimon’s IP litigators have successfully managed and litigated hundreds of complex IP cases on behalf of clients across the United States and abroad for decades. We have handled cases before numerous U.S. District and state courts, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, ITC, TTAB, FTC and NAD, including UDRP proceedings.
Rimon’s IP litigation attorneys have represented large multi-national companies, CEOs, top researchers, as well as trailblazing startups across Silicon Valley. Our focus is not only on helping our clients defend themselves against “patent trolls” and protect or enforce their own IP assets, but also on counseling them about the role that those assets can play in advancing their business interests.
Our attorneys’ experience spans numerous industries, across multiple jurisdictions, in such cases as the following:
- BSG Tech LLC v. XO Group Inc. (E.D. Tex.) – represented XO Group in defense of a patent on a specific e-commerce application
- Vantage Point Technology v. MediaTek USA Inc. (E.D. Tex.) – represented MediaTek in defense of two patents on server technology
- Columbia Machine, Inc. v. Besser Co,., Case No. 3:10-cv-05667 (W.D. Wash.) – won summary judgment of noninfringement as to 3 of 4 patent claims in case; case settled within a month of victory
- Ganz v. Washington Numismatic Gallery, Inc., Case No. 11-2-26950-7 SEA (King Cty.) – won summary judgment as to three causes of action
- The Charles Machine Works, Inc. vs. Vermeer Mfg. Co. , Case No. 4:11-cv-507-CRW-CFB (S.D. Iowa) – took and defended multiple depositions on an emergency basis to develop evidence to defeat motion for a preliminary injunction; drafted irreparable harm section of winning opposition brief
- Arrival Star S.A. v. Agility Logistics, Inc. , Civ. Action No. 2:10-cv-01249-RSK (W.D. Wash.) – successful motion to dismiss
- Novozymes A/S v. Genencor Int’l, Inc. , Civ. No. 05-160-ICAJ (D. Del.) – drafted brief that won permanent injunction, as part of team that secured a $15 million dollar judgment in complex patent case
- Chadwick Farms Owners Ass’n v. FHC, LLC, Case Nos. 80450-8, 80459-1-O-I (Wash. S. Ct.) – represented WSBA; brief cited with approval by Supreme Court of Washington and Court of Appeals
- Lucky Break Wishbone Corp. v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 528 F. Supp. 2d 1106 (W.D. Wash. 2007) – won sanctions against defendants excluding key evidence and helped win partial summary judgment on various issues in copyright case
- Cardiac Science, Inc. v. Koninklijke Philips, N.V. , 466 F. Supp. 2d 1150 (D. Minn. 2006) – won summary judgment invalidating key claims for lack of adequate written description and defeated cross-motion in complex patent case involving 21 patents
Rimon Attorneys With Expertise in Intellectual Property Litigation Include: