Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
Partners in Rimon’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity practice have extensive experience representing major public and private companies in connection with data privacy and cybersecurity best practices and compliance in jurisdictions across the globe. Our U.S.-licensed attorneys and English-law qualified solicitors regularly advise clients domiciled in and doing business in the United States, Russia, China, Europe, and around the world regarding ever-evolving data privacy regulations, including under the GDPR and CCPA.
Our attorneys advise major public and private companies on all aspects of cybersecurity and data privacy. We help our clients to ensure cross-border data protection and encryption, establish data protection policies and compliance programs, conduct data security due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, and to navigate compliance matters related to existing and emerging rules and regulations. In addition, our attorneys frequently assist our clients in crises, helping them to best respond to data breaches, investigations, allegations of misconduct, and disputes.
Regulatory Compliance and Advice
- Advising various clients on implementing and operationalizing the GDPR, CCPA, and evolving state and federal privacy regulations.
- Advising numerous international companies, including Baidu, SMG, Meraki, AppDynamics, World Triathlon Corporation, and others, on Russian and international data privacy issues.
- Advising major companies, including Microsoft and Facebook, Cook, Inc., Principal Life Insurance Company on China cybersecurity, data protection, and privacy issues.
- Advising major companies on legislative issues related to rule amendments for the internet and wireless industries
- Providing analysis to DJI of the way in which their drones collect, store, and transmit information, and advised the company as to best practices regarding related data security.
Development and Implementation of Corporate Policies
- Advising a US/UK fintech company on the development, communication, and operationalization of privacy program and governance structure, including creation of privacy principles, policies, notice, cross-border data strategy, data lifecycle management, individual rights management, Privacy by Design, third-party risk management, and training.
- Advising a multinational professional services company on the creation of a privacy program, including privacy principles, policies, notice, and data lifecycle management.
- Designing privacy programs, privacy policies, and privacy notices for corporates including various e-commerce sites.
- Advising major companies on designing and enforcing their internal data security and privacy programs.
Cybersecurity Due Diligence for Transactions
- Performed numerous regulatory due diligences on cybersecurity, data protection, and privacy issues for acquisitions over billions of dollars in streaming media, cloud computing, hotel chains, medical devices, and many other industries.
- Advised major data-related transactions on CIFUS issues including conducting due diligence, design strategies, drafting legal documents, carry out the strategies by working with governmental agencies and other related institutions.
Crisis Management and Dispute Resolution
- Advising major companies on breach incidents response in different countries.
- Representation of a Russian fiber-optical broadband provider in relation to a $5 million ad hoc arbitration in London concerning the functionality of certain network services provided by an Israeli Internet search company; the case involved highly complex IT issues.
Rimon Attorneys With Expertise in Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Include:
Litigation, International, FinTech, Cryptocurrencies, and Blockchain, Technology
Intellectual Property, Litigation, Technology, International
Joseph I. (“Joe”) Rosenbaum
Corporate, International, Financial Services, Intellectual Property, Sports, Entertainment, and Recreation, Technology
Corporate, Financial Services, International, Technology, Fine Art and Cultural Property
Sarah (Xiaohua) Zhao
Corporate, Financial Services, International, Technology