Richard Mooney is a partner in Rimon's litigation group, and he has nearly two decades of experience handling complex domestic and international business disputes. Mr. Mooney joined Rimon from Bryan Cave, where he also worked as a partner.
Mr. Mooney’s practice includes a specific emphasis on antitrust and competition matters and transnational disputes. He has represented both domestic and foreign individuals and corporations of all sizes, in state, federal trial, and appellate courts and arbitration proceedings before JAMS and AAA.
Prior to joining Bryan Cave, Mr. Mooney practiced at Heller Ehrman White & McAuliffe and at Latham & Watkins. He clerked for the Honorable Amalya L. Kearse of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in New York.
Mr. Mooney also was responsible for a noteworthy pro bono decision, where he secured a unanimous ruling in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, halting efforts to weaken the famous “dolphin-safe” standard for canned tuna.
Representative Matters Include:
- Representation of an English video game agency in various contract negotiations and a five week trial in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Representation of a Danish Academy Award-winning film director in copyright litigation in the Central District of California.
- Representation of a major Japanese conglomerate in U.S. antitrust litigation.
- Representation of a major global financial payment system in connection with proceedings before the Korean Fair Trade Commission.
- Representation of an international financial services company headquartered in Jersey (Channel Islands) in interrelated litigation in Jersey, England, Australia, and the United States.
- Representation of a Ukranian video game developer in a U.S. contract dispute.
- Representation of a semiconductor manufacturing company from Singapore in U.S. breach of contract litigation.
- Representation of the estate of a U.S. citizen in French arbitration related to the valuation of his share of a large privately-held company.
- Representation of a major Swiss concert promotion company in connection with U.K. litigation related to concert booking and related practices.
- Representation of an Italian manufacturer of industrial power cleaning equipment in litigation brought by one of the company’s Chinese suppliers.
- Representation of a U.S. biotech investment fund in litigation against Danish shareholders in a U.S. biotech startup.
- Representation of an Italian video game company in breach of contract litigation in Chicago.
- Defense of a leading international power tool company in litigation alleging violations of Sherman-Act Section 1 and California’s Cartwright Act.
- Defense of Walker Process counterclaims asserted against a leading manufacturer of electronic components in a patent infringement suit.
- Defense of a leading international payment card system in defense of Sherman Act 1 and Section 2 claims related to the routing of payment card transactions for authorization, clearance, and settlement.
- Assisting counsel at a leading California antitrust firm representing a leading provider of online auction services in a Sherman Act Section 2 dispute.
- Assisting counsel at California’s premier antitrust litigation firm representing a Sherman Act Section 2 defendant, by providing separate representation to a former employee.
- Provision of Sherman Act and Robinson-Patman Act compliance advice to a leading U.S. payment card system, a leading Canadian printing company, and other U.S. companies in the personal care and power tools sectors.
Bars & Courts
Admitted to California
California State Courts
Northern District of California
Central District of California
Eastern District of California
Southern District of New York
Related News, Events, & Insights
Hedge Fund Advertising Law- Fundamentals and New Developments: CLE Video
Insights January 20, 2014